I crave Asian food constantly but it can be a bit greasy and caloric and you can’t count calories when you don’t make it yourself. Here is a list of yummy asian vegetarian salads!
There is nothing I enjoy doing at the end of the day more than binge watching Netflix with my cat. The only thing a great Netflix binge isn’t complete without is massive amounts of snacks. There is nothing more satisfying than gorging yourself on both food and trashy TV at the same time. I have come up with a list of snacks that are yummy and I can eat massive amounts of while Netflix binging and not getting as large as the chubby little kitty one in this picture. (He obviously didn’t read my list!).
Boro Coconut Cookies These cookies are super yummy. They melt in your mouth. An entire bag has only 90 calories. (Sometimes I go through 3 in a Netflix binge). You can usually find them at your local Asian Mart. They are also usually super cheap!
Zot Licorice Candy I love these (Mind you I also love Good n’ Plenties and those weird British licorice candies that your eccentric older neighbor gives to you as a gift for watching her 10 cats). These have 0 calories and they are super yummy as long as you are a licorice fan. Buy Here
Halo Top Are you ready to have your mind completely blown!?!? Halo Top is creamy, yummy and sometimes even has tiny bits of chocolate in it! Aaand an entire pint of it is below 300 calories. It is also very high in protein. This is my absolute favorite Netflix binge food. Also, it makes a great dinner when you would just rather have a whole pint of ice cream for dinner.
Arctic Zero Although it isn’t half as yummy as Halo Top it does have half of the calories. It also makes a super awesome sundae. (I will give you my 400 calorie epic Arctic Zero Sundae recipe soon!). It is only 150 calories for a pint and has over 10 grams of protein! Buy it here!
Ice Chips They actually taste like ice. I don’t know how…. it freaks me out a bit but in a good way. I have had the licorice ones so far and they were AMAZING. They also don’t have any terrifying cancer causing sweeteners in them which is always nice. Buy it here!
Sugar Free Jelly Beans Although they are not as healthy as the other snacks that I posted on here they are definitely yummy. The entire package has 200 calories and feels super decadent. They sorta make me woozy after I eat them too which means I won’t eat anything else that night…. (Not particularly a good thing but hey it helps curb Netflix binge binge eating!) Buy it here!
Chocolate Covered Cacao Nibs Healthy, yummy and great for chocolate cravings. These little nibs are the best. An entire package also has only 120 calories! Buy it here!
Pop Chips These chips are super yummy. My favorite flavor is sour cream and onion. An entire huge bag has under 400 calories. Buy it here!
Walden Farm’s Chocolate Syrup This stuff does taste a bit chemically (but not in a bad way… I swear!). I love putting it on fruit especially strawberries. It also has 0 calories! The ingredients are pretty healthy too! (No scary sweeteners). Buy it here!
Freeze Dried Fruit I love freeze dried fruit. It is healthy and super low calorie. It is also a great way to make boring Arctic Zero a lot more exciting without adding too many calories. Buy it here!
Vita Tops Each Vita Top has 100 calories. They are yummy and muffiny and all sorts of goodness. Buy it here!
PB2 This is super yummy. It is a powdered peanut butter (which is actually not disgusting at all!). It has way less calories than regular peanut butter. It is great to dip fruit in or add to low calorie ice cream concoctions.
Zevia Cola I love diet soda. I live off the stuff. My blood stream is probably 90% diet soda. I am a bit freaked out by asparteme and all of those other terrifying sweeteners. Zevia Cola is a great alternative. It is sweetened with Stevia and it is insanely yummy. The cream soda flavor is the best!
These are the ones I have so far but I will probably add to this post. Also, if you have any low calorie Netflix binging junk foods to add comment and let me know! My cat and I have many Netflix binges ahead of us. ❤
I am currently living in Tucson and have recently been pretty obsessed with making tacos (because… Tucson!). Here is a list of 100 of the best/most unique vegetarian taco recipes that I have found.
- Mango Peanut Tempeh Tacos (Love and Lemons)
- Honey-Lime Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Corn Tacos (Cooking Classy)
- Fried Cactus Tacos with Avocado Cream Sauce (Munchin with Munchkin)
- Chile Relleno Tacos (Jon Ashton)
- Prickly Pear Tacos (Food 52)
- Lentil Walnut Tacos with Cabbage Lime Slaw (Food 52)
- Thai Tofu Tacos (Feral Kitchen)
- Thai Lemongrass Tofu Tacos (Meet the Shannons)
- Paneer Tikka Tacos (Masala Mexican)
- Paneer Stuffed Tacos with Roasted Vegetables (Spice your Life)
- Chickpea, Spinach and Pepita Tacos (Epicurious)
- Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Tacos (Two Peas & Their Pod)
- Chickpea Tacos with Ginger Miso Sauce (Grimgrains)
- Miso Maple Sweet Potato Tacos (Love and Lemons)
- Miso Eggplant & Squash Tacos with Asian Greens (Sonima)
- Brussel Sprout Kimchi Tacos with (Cashew) Miso Crema (Dolly and Oatmeal)
- Oyster Mushroom Tacos with Avocado Almond Crema (DeliciousTV.com)
- Middle Eastern Carrot Tacos (Big Girls Small Kitchen)
- Tacos with Mole, Cumin Roasted Carrots and Beer Braised Black Beans (Cooking for Luv)
- Chipotle Seitan Tacos with Jicama Slaw and Charred Corn (Vegan Miam)
- Spicy Black Bean Tacos with Jicama Mango Slaw (Vegukate)
- Crispy Coconut Lime Baked Cauliflower Tacos (Veggie Inspired)
- Sweet Potato Pecan Tacos (Nutritionstripped)
- Sweet Potato, Sage and Fried Egg Taco (Serious Eats)
- Pickled Swiss Chard Stems, Egg and Chard Breakfast Tacos (Shared Appetite)
- Shredded Harvest Hash Breakfast Tacos (With Food + Love)
- Fried Avocado Tacos (Chow)
- Squash and Scramble Breakfast Tacos (Vegan Yak Attack!)
- Summer Veggie Breakfast Tacos
- Vegan Cauliflower Chorizo Breakfast Tacos (Blissful Basil)
- Beer-Battered Tofu Tacos with Mango Salsa (Oh my Veggies)
- Chipotle Citrus Superfood Tacos (Healthy Happy Life)
- Lentil Tacos with Mango Guacamole (Sweet Potato Soul)
- Chipotle Mushroom Tacos (The Mushroom Channel)
- Chipotle Quinoa Tacos with Roasted Cranberry Pomegranate Salsa (Half Baked Harvest)
- Orange Glazed Tempeh + Grapefruit Tacos (The First Mess)
- Vegan Tacos with Chipotle Orange-Marinated Tofu
- Salsa Verde Lentil Tacos with Mango-Pomegranate Pico (Ambitious Kitchen)
- Black Eyed Pea & Sweet Potato Tacos with Pomegranate Seeds (She likes Food)
- Wild Rice, Brussel Sprout and Pomegranate Tacos (Healing Tomato)
- Potato Street Tacos with Roasted Jalapeno Salsa (Faring Well)
- Summer Grilled Veggie Tacos with Strawberry, Lime, Basil Salsa (Lyndsey Eden)
- Chipotle Roasted Beet Tacos with Cashew Queso Fresco (Yup it’s Vegan)
- Pulled Spaghetti Squash Tacos (The Vegetarian Ginger)
- Grilled Halloumi Tacos with Minted Guacamole (Ciao Veggie)
- Mushroom, Rajas and Corn Tacos with Queso Fresco (Epicurious)
- Veggie Topped Indian Tacos (Nish Kitchen)
- Vegetarian Charred Corn Tacos with Radish, Mint, Zucchini Slaw (Crave Local)
- Edamame Tacos with Sesame Slaw (Foodhappy)
- Edamame Tacos with Chipotle Mayo (Dirty Laundry Kitchen)
- Peachy Corn Succotash Tacos with Lentils + Basil Slaw (The First Mess)
- BBQ Eggplant Tacos with Fennel Sour Cream (Vegetarian Ventures)
- Oregano Chile Sauce + Roasted Mushroom Tacos (Lore)
- Lentil and Parsley Salad Tacos (Detoxdiy)
- Strawberry Salsa and Black Bean Tacos
- Strawberry Chipotle Vegan Sausage Tacos (Terry Hope Romano)
- Lebanese Grilled Vegetable Tacos with Hummus (Fascinatingfoodworld)
- Roasted Red Onion and Potato Tacos (Ciao Veggie)
- Lime and Cornmeal Crusted Potato Tacos (The Vegan 8)
- Tacos with Spicy Smokey Lentils (The Washington Post)
- Vegan Spinach Mushroom Tacos (Blissful Basil)
- Spicy Chile Basil Tofu Tacos (The Food in my Beard)
- Shitake Mushroom + Lentil Asian Tacos (Sprouted Kitchen)
- Crunchy Couscous Tacos (One Green Planet)
- Pineapple Portobello Tacos with Roasted Chickpeas (86 Lemons)
- Black Bean and Baked Plantain Tacos with Avocado (She likes Food)
- Sweet Potato & Plantain Tacos with Mango Barbecue Sauce (The Conscience Collective)
- Lentil Tacos with Nectarine Salsa (Sobremesa)
- Crisp Kale + Brussel Sprout Tacos with Avocado + a White Bean Crema (What’s Cooking Good Looking)
- Crunchy Tofu Tacos
- Korean Eggplant Tacos with Kimchi Mayo (The Purple Carrot)
- Japanese Style Butternut Squash and Black Bean Tacos (Food to Glow)
- Spicy Korean BBQ Jackfruit Tacos (Justthefood.com)
- Garlic Ginger Tacos with Cabbage Slaw (She Loves Food Writing)
- Smokin’ Sesame Tacos with Cashew Coconut Sour Cream (Vegan Fusion)
- Arugula and Black Bean Tacos with Pickled Radish and Feta
- Charred Asparagus Tacos with Creamy Adobo and Pickled Red Onions (Serious Eats)
- Roasted Potato and Asparagus Tacos with Kohlrabi Slaw (Herbivoracious)
- Tofu Banh Mi Tacos (My Darling Vegan)
- Vegetarian Greek Tacos (Supper with Michelle)
- Grilled Portabello Tacos and Red Chile-Yogurt Sauce
- Pea Guacamole and Seared Halloumi Soft Tacos (Salt & Wind)
- Roasted Summer Vegetable Tacos (Veganista)
- Vegetarian Farro Tacos (Hip Foodie Mom)
- Curry Tofu Tacos with Pinto and Kale Slaw (The Post Punk Kitchen)
- Tacos with Green Beans, Chiles and Tomatillo Salsa
- Green Bean Scramble Tacos (Veganico)
- Beefy Jackfruit Tacos with Tomatillo Filling (Vegan Yak Attack!)
- Root-Vegetable Tacos with Lime-Cilantro Cream (Williams-Sonoma Taste)
- Wild Mushroom and Garlic Tacos (24 Carrot Life)
- Tequila Lime Baked Tacos with Chipotle Crema (Yup, It’s Vegan)
- Jamaican Jerk Tempeh Tacos (A Thought for Food)
- Butternut Squash Tacos with Cranberry Jalapeno Relish (Oh my Veggies)
- Smoky Mole Tofu Tacos (Ordinary Vegan)
- Crispy Quinoa and Mole Tacos (A House in the Hills)
- Hush Puppy Tacos (Beard and Bonnet)
- Turmeric Tofu Tacos with Carrot-Kohlrabi Tahini Slaw (Veganista’s Kitchen)
- Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos with Swiss Chard Pesto (Tasty Kitchen)
- Broccoli Tacos with Potato Boozy Black Beans (Glue and Glitter)
- Roasted Radish and Chickpea Tacos
One of my favorite foods is chile rellenos so when I saw that Boca now makes a chile relleno burger I was very excited.
Ratings (On a scale of 10)
This product did not taste at all like a chile relleno. It was edible but not as exciting as I expected it to be. I do like that the calories are so low and it contains so much protein.
Here is a quick snack recipe that I made with it. It is both low calorie and high protein.
Boca Chile Relleno Snack Recipe
1 Tomato Chopped
2 Tablespoons Queso Fresco
2 Tablespoons Green Salsa
1 Boca Burger Chile Relleno Burger
Directions: Microwave burger for 1 minute and 45 seconds. Top with queso fresco, chopped tomato and green salsa. (It is really simple…. why did I even write directions!?)
Calories: 225 g
Total Fat: 10.2 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Sodium: 580 g
Carbohydrates: 18.8 g
Protein: 11 g